Thursday, May 20, 2004

Our man in Washington?

Well, here is where I will perhaps really offend someone. Good thing this is an anonymous blog. If you haven't yet read the JTA News piece about Jay Footlik then I recommend that you do - to see an example of the joke the Jewish press has become. Perhaps I'm just jealous of this former Clinton aide with "Hollywood good looks" who has now become Kerry's top Jewish outreach person and whose wife is "an Israeli model and actress" and "part of an established Brazilian-Israeli family." (What the hell does "established Brazilian-Israeli family" mean? That she has lots of money? Sounds like something my grandmother would want to say about my girlfriend: "You know, she's from an established family.")

I could have puked while reading the long list of prominent Democrats practically fighting over who can pay Footlik a higher compliment. You'd think the guy paid them services even Monica didn't give Clinton.

Perhaps Footlik is good at what he does, but this article by Ron Kampeas depicted him as the caricature of the all too common AIPAC/Democrat/political hack.